Pages

What is Have Kiln Will Travel?



What is Have Kiln Will Travel?

Have Kiln Will Travel (HKWT) is a fully equipped traveling fused glass studio. Six small kilns are brought on site to teach glass fusing along with a large selection of art glass, and all of the necessary tools. It is the only traveling glass studio in the United States servicing art centers and community education programs.

HKWT is truly a unique opportunity and an ongoing experiment in community education. HKWT teaches the basics, gives you the opportunity to watch your creations come alive in the kiln, and for the jewelry classes you take your works of art home that day.

When Are Events
/Classes - Use the calendar below for a complete listing of classes and their locations.

Detailed Class Information - Use the "Search Terms" section in the lower left column to find detailed blog posts regarding what is taught and what is made in the classes. There are also class specific descriptions found at the "Information Links" section in the left hand column of this blog.

Where To Register For Classes - Use the "Register For Classes" section for links to the art center or community education program that you are interested in.

Fund-Raising Events
- In addition to classes the HKWT concept can be used to raise money for your favorite charitable or nonprofit organization. Use the "Information Links" section to obtain a document with detailed information on hosting a HKWT event.

Blog Archive - Look through the blog (lower left column) for more information on projects.



Calendar Of Events & Classes

----- Have Kiln Will Travel Event Calendar ------ Registration Links Are Below Left of Calendar

Friday, January 29, 2010

OMG! Glass Fusing Classes Gone Wild!

"Ask and you shall receive." Well I've been asking and now I'm receiving! Over the next few months I'll be at eight locations, and teaching stained glass, Intro to Fused Glass, Designing With Glass, as well as the Glass Jewelry class. I think I'll also be adding an Intro to Enameling class, but I haven't designed the course yet.

All of this and Have Kiln Will Travel events have not even started. I wanted to secure two locations for the HKWT events before I actively begin the process of marketing the concept. Initially I was just going to have HKWT events on the calendar, but I decided to show all classes/events whether they are art center classes where I'm just teaching, or, classes where I am taking kilns to locations to teach, or, HKWT events where I pack up the kilns for a specific fundraising event.

This is a great start. Other opportunities are grants for teaching which I've applied for, and just plain old private lessons.

I'm closing in on my second HKWT hosting site and will post both locations in the near future. I'll then be ready to set sail on this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment